Two days after the New Year rang in, I was on my way to work and stopped at the local Pret a Manger for a coffee. (You’ll soon discover that I love it there. The coffee, cookies, sandwiches and the people. They love their regulars so much that every now and then, they give them a coffee on the house. Trust me, I know, I’m a regular and not ashamed.)
As I was paying for my cup of jo, the cashier asked me if I had any New Years Resolutions. I decided I’d be witty and said: “My New Years Resolution is to not make any resolutions.” The cashier then responded with, “Yea, I did that last year, I was trying to be a wise-ass too, but it didn’t work out.”
And that’s when I decided I needed to make a resolution and then some..
Jo’s 2012 Resolutions:
- Write, blog, tweet and tumble things worth writing, blogging, tweeting and tumbling about.
- Volunteer (where specifically is TBD)
- Run a 10k
- Try foods that I think are gross, but are probably delicious i.e. oysters
- Travel to Paris and do what the Parisians do – which in my mind is wear stripes, cigarette pants, a silk scarf and red flats. Eat a croissant at an outside cafe, buy French bread so I can have a ‘sword’ fight by the Eiffel Tower and have a Midnight in Paris experience.
- Visit my family’s homeland of Carini, Sicily
- Read the books I currently have on my bookshelf
- And because I hate ending on an odd number, clear out my Netflix queue.