For me, music is like a book catalog. Each song cataloging memories of mine.
Rihanna’s ‘Disturbia’ – encompasses my entire senior year of college
Natasha Bedingfield’s ‘These Words’ – showcases my summer after my senior year of high school when I had no idea what I was doing with my future.
I could go on – but that would be – the longest blog post of all time. So instead, I’ll share with you my Top 25 Most Played songs according to my iPod.
- I Caught Myself – Paramore
- Happy – Leona Lewis
- Say Aah – Trey Songz
- Ridin’ Solo – Jason DeRülo
- Can’t Be Tamed – Miley Cyrus
- California English – Vampire Weekend
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner
- Roslyn – Bon Iver and St. Vincent
- Tonight’s Today – Jack Peñate
- Here I Am – David Morales
- Diplomat’s Son – Vampire Weekend
- Ottoman – Vampire Weekend
- Break My Stride – Matthew Wilder
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga
- Electric Feel – MGMT
- Stereo Love – Edward Maya
- Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Bublé
- Pull My Heart Away – Jack Peñate
- Airplanes – B.o.B (feat. Hayley Williams)
- Sleepyhead – Passion Pit
- Horchata – Vampire Weekend
- Strawberry Swing – Coldplay
- Mushaboom – Feist
- Animal (Mark Ronson Remix) – Miike Snow
Weird – I listen to a lot of Vampire Weekend. Fun Fact: VW has a song for the Twilight: Eclipse Soundtrack. I literally squealed when I saw their name on the CD. Out loud. In a public place. No big deal.