I may or may not have just watched the best movie – ever.
A story based on a cookbook, based on a blog, based on a book and based on two women: Julie Powell and Julia Child. Julie Powell (Amy Adams), an office worker and aspiring writer embarks on an adventure of cooking all 524 recipes from Julia Child’s cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, in a year – 365 days. During which time – Julie catalogs her days on a blog – one that captures the attention of audiences and the press – and leads to a book deal for Julie and finally a movie – starring the one and only, Meryl Streep.
As one would guess, I fell in love with the movie – as I do most of the time – and it gave me inspiration. What I gathered and loved from that movie is now cataloged here – on jonotjoe weblog.
1. Stanley Tucci is a new crush of mine, and I slightly teared when his character, Paul Child told his dear Julia, “You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life.”
2. Meryl Streep is an icon. A master of her profession. There is not one role she can’t play. If she gets one more Oscar nomination and leaves empty-handed – I’m going to freak.
3. I want to move abroad, if that may be Italy, Paris or England – I want. to. go. abroad.
4. Despite my stubbornness of not wanting to cook for reasons unknown, I have been inspired to … at least open a cookbook.
5. I want to read Julia Child’s book: My Life in France.
6. Blogs can lead to wondrous things…